Philippe Bourgau, XP Coach and Sustainable Pace Hacktivist
Let’s not waste our lives on loosy work! I help software engineers to reach an effective and sustainable pace through continuous refactoring of their code and organizations.
I blog about:
- How to work, think, and coach the XP way
- How to deal with Legacy Code
- How to change organizations for a more sustainable pace, even when we are at the bottom of the hierarchy
An early adopter of eXtreme Programming, I have been practicing since 2003 and mentoring teams since 2006. Thanks to XP and refactoring, I have delivered high quality, fit to purpose and future proof software with less stress and overtime.
I have worked on all aspects of software : technical, product, people, process, quality. I contributed to 2 persons as well as multi-teams projects. I designed greenfield systems but also refactored legacy code bases.
Mainstream agile methods like Scrum or Kanban might get teams to collaborate better. It’s only through XP’s high technical standards and focus on merciless refactoring that a team can reap the business benefits of Continuous Delivery.
I have successfully used merciless refactoring, continuous improvement and other XP practices in unforeseen contexts like remote work, R&D projects, and large teams. Today, I help teams to reach an effective and sustainable pace by adapting these practices to their special context.
Finally, I love doing side projects, from wannabe businesses to open source.
Here are the main side projects I’ve been working on throughout the years
- Philou’s Planning Poker: Better poker estimates for remote teams!
- Storexplore: Transform online stores into APIs!
- RSpecProxies: Simplify RSpec mocking with test proxies!
- ComplexityAssert: Assert your algorithm time complexity in RSpec (experimental)!
- Built In Quality Game: A table-top game that teaches teams why built-in quality will make them more productive